Since the early 1990's, I've been teaching people how to use basketry to express their own unique artistic aesthetic and desire to create. Whether you're a total novice or someone who has worked in basketry prevously, you'll find my 2 day classes both challenging and rewarding.
One of the great things about taking a 2-day art class at my studio is meeting students from around the country. My art classes include time to get to know other students while enjoying the creative process. I also provide things like a catered lunch and written instructions to ensure all my studets have a wonderful experience.
During 2017, I am offering 6 different two-day workshops in the following areas:
- March 31-April 1, 2017: Coiling with Kudzu & Iris Foliage
- May 5-6, 2017: Rustic Rib Baskets with Vines & Branches
- June 2-3, 2017: Twill & Twine Basketry with Bark
- August 4-5, 2017: Twining with Kudzu, Iris & Bark
- September 29-30, 2017: Sculpural Vessels with Kudzu, Bark & Copper
- December 1-2, 2017: Kudzu Harvesting & Random Weaving
Each two-day workshop is held from 10am-4pm in my studio, located in Asheville's River Arts District - home to over 200 working artists in 23 old warehouse buildings. Our space is wheelchair accessible and easy to find in the Riverview Station building, right in front of the new 12 Bones Barbeque.
To find out more details and register online for one of my Asheville Art Classes, please visit http://www.matttommey.com/basket-weaving-classes.html